The Children's Benefit Talent Show
2006 Talent Show Terms and Conditions:
1. Parent must be present or notarized parental consent
2. Proof of age: ages 7-17 (Birth Certificate, ID, anything with official birth date)
3. Register on May 26 at Middle Tennessee Christian School at 100 MTCS Road 6 pm
4. Late Registration fee: $35 for individuals, $40 for groups (3 or more) on June 4 at Boys and Girls Club at 100 Jones Boulevard from 9am-1pm.
5. Submission form completed. All entries and registration fees and materials completed by June 4.
Please respect the following audition contestant rules:
Talent Material: MUSIC: song or instrumental, DRAMA: monologue, skit, poetry, Visual acting or theatrical movement, ART WORK: drawing, painting, pottery, items created with the hands. DANCE: solo, group, ballet, hip-hop, jazz, modern.
- Must attend audition or art work previewed prior to talent show entry: Auditions: June 24 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm and July 8 from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm at the Center for the Arts:
- Please have a 2 minute prepared piece. Performing piece must be at least 2 minutes long and no longer than 4 minutes.
- Performers must use natural talent, no voice over or performing music to recorded artist or material.
- All talent must be performed or created by the contestant .
- Must use same piece in talent show originally performed in audition. You may enhance or take away from your piece, but it has to be the same material you auditioned or submitted.
- Contestant will be responsible for costume/clothing, light make up, and music or musical assistance.
- Artwork in frame or display box. Name and age must be labeled on artwork.
- Must attend rehearsal and pre-show at Tucker Theater, MTSU . Must understand when and where you will perform on the stage prior to the talent show.
- Must be present for the show to qualify for awards: (July 29 at 6 pm at the Tucker Theater, Middle Tennessee State University )
- All material must be considered G-rated or family-friendly
- Talent not authentic
- False information submitted
- Crude or inappropriate talent act or behavior.
I understand that all information submitted for the Talent Show is true and to the best of my knowledge. I also understand that deliberate information omitted, material that does not meet talent show guidelines or if talent is not authentic will result in immediate disqualification. Talent will be judged by a panel of judges. Prizes awarded to top 3 contestants in each category. One trophy per top 3 winning act. Runner up contestants or contestants who do not place in the top 3 will receive a gift of appreciation. All prizes must be claimed immediately after award presentation.
I understand that Generation for Creation, Center for the Arts, Boys and Girls Club, Middle Tennessee State University and all other production volunteers and staff are released from liability in case of an accident. I give permission to use my photo for media and website advertisement.
Signature Parent or Guardian
Talent Show Director Signature
Talent Submission Form
Please complete the following:
_________________________City_______________ State & Zip_________
Parent or Guardian_____________________________________________________
Phone_____________ Cell_______________ Email_____________________
Talent Submission Information:
Specialty Training or Experience in Talent Area_____________________
Talent you will submit: Categories: ART WORK, MUSIC, DRAMA, DANCE
Name of piece/selection and original artist. Please give your art a title.
Time of performing piece or selection
If art work--can your piece be framed or put in display box? Yes No (Circle one)
Will you need (check):
______a cd player
List special accommodations if needed.
Back to Home